Mass Upload Investment Notes via EXCEL
Monitoring requires the Investment Advisor to conduct quantitative and qualitative reviews. In order to address this, we’ve added a mass upload option to the Investments dashboard for Investment Notes via EXCEL. This time saving feature also allows you to upload investment notes across time periods even if moving from another system.
In addition, a client-specific note option has been added. While ‘global’ Investment Notes are typically most common and most efficient, the client-specific option lets you add a note for one or a select few clients who may need to have unique comments in their report for an investment.
In order to mass upload your investment notes via EXCEL:
- Click on the Investments tab on the left side of your screen in your Book of Business.
- You will see the Upload Investment Notes button (upward arrow) above the “assets” column on the right side of your screen. Click on it.
- You are then able to select your investment notes EXCEL file to upload. Please note, to ensure successful uploading, you will want to format the EXCEL file exactly as it appears in the template. You can click on the orange “Download Excel Template” link on the investment notes import screen for guidance:
- After you have selected your correctly formatted investment notes EXCEL file, click the Import button at the bottom of your screen. Your investment notes will then be uploaded and applied to your clients.
To add individual client-specific notes:
- Click on the Clients tab in your Book of Business and select the appropriate client.
- Select the “Client Notes” tab that appears on the client’s Active Accounts screen.
- Click the orange “New Client Note” button on the right side of your screen.
- Enter in your client notes. You can then choose to include or not include these client notes in the client’s Monitoring Report by toggling the Visibility Settings button on or off.
- Click the orange “Add Note” button at the bottom of the screen.
Quantitative reviews, among other things, involve a comparison of investment performance to appropriate benchmarks and client objectives in the IPS.
Qualitative reviews of Investment Managers and service providers include the need to be aware of and consider things such as: 1) trade press or news reports on turnover in management, 2) repeated enforcement actions taken against the investment organization or its parent, and 3) the quality of responses to requests for information.
The Fiduciary Focus Toolkit™ provides a means for you to document your decision making process regarding investment selection and monitoring.
To create an individual investment note:
- Navigate to the appropriate investment from the Investments view of your Book of Business
- Select "Investment Notes"
This section allows you to edit or delete existing Investment Note. You are also able to create a '+New Investment Note' here.
Investment Notes can be typed directly into the Fiduciary Focus Toolkit™. The Toolkit also provides flexible visibility settings and the ability to apply the note across investment share classes and include in Monitoring Reports.
If you choose not to include the Investment Note in Monitoring Reports, it will be an Internal note.
If you choose to the include the Investment Note in the Monitoring Report it is a Client Facing note and will appear in the report, as it does below:
These investment notes will automatically be removed from the Monitoring Report once they are over a year old.