Here are some suggestions to increase your effectiveness in preparing for and taking your examination.
Day to Day
- Review the course transcripts, make notes and review them every day.
- Take the quizzes and assessment multiple times until you feel comfortable with the material and are receiving high scores.
- Review the resources section of the training for additional understanding of the material. This includes, course materials, tools materials, and reference materials.
- Read and be intimately familiar with the Prudent Practices for Investment Advisors handbook.
Preparing for the Exam
- Schedule your remote exam proctor through ProctorU. Typically, exams can be scheduled whenever you desire starting 72 hours out from the current time.
- Do not wait until the night before an exam to study.
- Try not to "cram" during every spare moment before an exam. This only increases the feeling of desperation which leads to panic, and then to test anxiety.
On Exam Day
- Be physically prepared.
- Make sure your computer is technically capable for the exam and the remote proctor – you must have a working webcam, microphone and internet connection speed. Computer issues: cache, security settings, monitor/screen display, internet connection, browser Internet options, etc.
- If taking your exam under the supervision of a remote proctor via ProctorU, make sure you have your access instructions and have done a system technology check in advance of your scheduled start time.
- Know or have your Fi360 login and password in front of you. Any online password savers will be disabled once you start the onboarding process. Please ensure you know your Fi360 username/password.
- Be familiar with the full Proctor Regulations and Guidelines.