After reading this article and completing the outlined steps, you will be ready to monitor your client accounts against a prudent investment process.
- Create a Client
- Add Holdings
- Create and Activate an Investment Policy Statement
- View the Client’s Monitoring Report
Step 1 – Create a Client
- Under Book of Business/Clients, you can manage and create new clients. A client can either be an organization or an individual. By clicking on the orange rectangle labeled ‘+ADD NEW CLIENT’, you can add all the relevant information and create the client.
- Add the account(s) that you are responsible for. You can create the account(s) manually or import data from an integration partner.
Note: You can establish an integration with one of our 3rd party partners in Application Management (gear icon in the top right corner). Once the integration is activated, you will be able to create client accounts using holdings data from the partner.
Step 2 – Add Holdings
- If you did not create the account using an integration partner, there are two ways to add the accounts holdings: via excel or by typing in the ticker, name, or CUSIP.
Note: To ensure proper loading, you must format the EXCEL file exactly as specified in the following template.
- After you complete the previous step, your holdings screen will look like this;
Note: To get back to your original client screen, click on the client name in the top left corner of your screen.
Step 3 - Create and Activate an Investment Policy Statement
- Even if you do not want to produce a new Investment Policy Statement, you will still need to assign the watch list triggers for the system to monitor the account(s). Create your own Watch List Triggers in Application Management (gear icon in the top right corner). Start by clicking on the Investment Policies tab on your client screen.
- Name the IPS, enter a description (optional), choose an Investment Policy Template, and select which accounts to associate with the Investment Policy Statement. You can choose to use the default Investment Policy Templates available, leave the template section empty, or create your own Investment Policy Template in Application Management (gear icon in the top right corner).
- Select the watch list triggers that you want monitoring your client’s investments. You can use a unique trigger for each investment type (active, passive, money market/stable value, and target date investments). You can use our “Home Office Default” trigger, use a custom trigger, or leave as “No Trigger” if you would not like an automated process to put investments on the watch list.
- Next, if you have chosen to use a template that specified peer group allocation, select the peer groups that will be used with your client.
- Complete the Investment Policy Statement questionnaire (only applicable if you selected an Investment Policy Template).
- Next, generate the client ready deliverable. This removes the “NOT FOR CLIENT USE” watermark and saves a copy of the IPS for future reference.
- Lastly, Activate the Policy and begin monitoring the account(s).
Step 4 – View the Client’s Monitoring Report
- Once an Investment Policy Statement is activated for a Client, you can click on the Monitoring Reports tab and view their Monitoring Report.
- After clicking on the quarterly Monitoring Report, you will see a high-level overview of your account called “State of Affairs”. You can also see the “Areas of Action” located on the left side of the screen. This section showcases peer groups out of alignment with your IPS or investments on your watch list. To view download the PDF version of the Monitoring Report, download the PDF preview or generate the client ready deliverable to remove the watermark. The Monitoring Report will download to your computer.
Note: If you ever need to edit your Investment Policy Statement or add/remove holdings, you need to move the Monitoring Report back to draft. This is done by clicking the action button “⋮” in the top left corner of the Monitoring Report overview.