Custom investments can be identified as vehicles with a superscript "CI" when listed within your client holdings. There are two methods you can utilize for uploading custom investments. The first method is to create an individual/single custom investment. The second method is to mass-upload your custom investments, which can be done in one bulk import, or on an individual basis. The mass upload feature is great for streamlining efficiency, saving you time while also offering you a way to simply maintain your own internal database of any custom investments, i.e. stocks, bonds, Guaranteed Interest Contract (GICs), etc.
To create an individual custom Investment, follow the instructions, below:
- Click on Application Management (gear icon in the top right of your screen).
- Select 'Custom Investments' from the dashboard on the left > click + ADD NEW INVESTMENT (on the top right area of the screen).
- Complete the required fields and add the Custom Investment. **PLEASE NOTE** if you wish to upload data with your Custom Investment, check the box labeled Upload additional data points after adding investment. If you choose not to upload data with your Custom Investment/s, then when used within a client's holdings, the Custom Investment will be used as a placeholder.
- If you choose to upload additional data points, you will be directed to the screen below, after you add the Custom Investment. Click the Download Excel Template with Existing Data hyperlink.
Enter all applicable fields (under the individual tabs) for Monthly Return Stream, Investment Data, and Investment Strategy Summary.
Monthly Return Stream
Investment Strategy Summary
- After completing the applicable fields, save the file (as is: Ticker_Investment Name or CUSIP_Investment Name), and upload it by following the prompts, below.
File Name Example: SCI101018_Sample Custom Investment
Please Note: the uploaded performance data will NOT create an Fi360 Fiduciary Score. It will report performance data that will be supplied on your reports.
Updating Custom Investment Data
After you've created the custom investment, you can edit/input data by clicking on the action button and then select Manage Data to repeat the same process EVERY DATA PERIOD.
Follow Step 4 (above) to input new data. However, you are able to retain any/all existing data in the file, if desired.
Mass-Upload Custom Investments
- Click on Application Management (gear icon in the top right of your screen)
Select 'Custom Investments' from the dashboard on the left > click on the top right area of the screen.
- Click on the blue Download Excel Template Format and Data (if available) link.
- Open the Excel Template file that you just downloaded. The name of the excel file is CIMassImportTemplate.xls. OR, you may access and download this template here. Fill out the template. All of the required fields are highlighted in yellow, while all of the remaining fields/data points are optional.
- Once you've filled out the template and saved it locally, navigate back to the Custom investments tab in Application Management, and click the blue Import Investments button (just as you did in #1 above). Click the Select File box and choose the template file that you filled in for you to mass-upload your investments. Click the Import button at the bottom of your screen.
**Please Note** you can ignore the Start New Download dropdown on your initial file upload.
Bulk Editing Performance Data
When updating your data you will need to select the appropriate date from the dropdown. Then download the template. All of your previous data should be listed in that file. Please retain all of the existing data (you prefer to) and add any new information you would like to reflect.
**Please Note** You will want to keep all existing data in the file that you want to remain in the system. When you upload the adjusted file, this will overwrite all pre-existing data so it is important to keep any data in the file if you want to maintain it for the future. The system will overwrite an investment’s data for the period included in the file (if that period existed previously for that investment), however the system will not delete other period data, nor will it edit or change anything for Custom Investments not included in the file you are uploading.
Lastly, repeat steps 1 -4 above (under Mass-Upload Custom Investments) to complete the process.
If you have any questions, please contact our Client Engagement Team at support@Fi360.com or toll free, 844-394-9960.