You've created an Investment Policy Template. It's time for you to apply the template to a current, or new client in your Book of Business. Follow the below steps to learn how to apply an Investment Policy Template to a client.
Apply Template to an Active Client
You are unable to activate an updated policy until the latest Monitoring Report is completed or moved back to draft. The Monitoring Report can be moved 'Back to Draft' by clicking the action button “⋮” in the top left corner of the Monitoring Report overview and selecting that option. Follow the below steps to learn how to update an active IPS:
1. Start by clicking on the Investment Policies tab on your client screen and clicking on the active Investment Policy Statement.
2. Click the 'REVIEW POLICY' button in the bottom right corner of your screen.
3. Apply the newly created Investment Policy Template and make any other appropriate changes within the IPS (Watch List Triggers, Asset Allocation, Questionnaire).
4. Once you have made all of the appropriate changes, create the policy, generate the client ready deliverable, and finally, update the policy & monitor account(s).
Create a Client and Apply Template
For a more detailed description of how to set up a client, please visit our Client Setup help article.
1. Navigate to the Clients tab under your Book of Business on the left side of the screen. Click the '+ADD NEW CLIENT' button in the top right corner.
2. Add all of the relevant information into the 'New Client' form and click the 'ADD' button. It will turn orange once you've input all of the required fields (Client Name, Client Type, and Client Status).
3. Add the account(s) that you are responsible for. You can create the account(s) manually or by importing data from an integration provider.
4. Add the Account Name, Type/Sub-Type, and click the 'ADD' button. It will turn orange once you've input all of the required fields.
5. After adding the Active Account, you will arrive at the holdings screen. Add holdings to your account.
6. After you've added holdings to your client's account, you can get back to your original client screen by clicking on the client name in the top left corner of your screen.
7. Add an Investment Policy Statement by navigating to the Investment Policies tab, and clicking 'ADD NEW POLICY'. Apply your new Investment Policy Template and select the account(s) to associate with the IPS.
8. Complete the rest of applicable details, generate the client ready deliverable, and finally, update the policy & monitor account(s).