You are now able to create, edit, and remove historical time periods in the Fiduciary Focus Toolkit going all the way back to the year 2000 (just as you are able to do so in the Toolkit For Advisors). Within a client account, holdings are now attached to a Quarter (ex. Q1 2020) and Fi360 will automatically accrue quarterly history for your accounts over time. This new feature is very useful in providing you with a historical representation of how your investments have changed over time. This allows you to track which investments have been added or removed over the past few years, how long a fund has been on your watchlist, and asset growth. The instructions below will show you how to utilize Quarterly Tracking of Holdings:
Select the Client and then the Client Account that you are working in. Once you click your Client Account and are on the Holdings screen, you will now notice the 3 Quarterly Tracking of Holdings buttons located in the upper right side of the screen as shown below.
In order to add a new historical period to your holdings, simply click on the Add Quarter button. From here, you can choose which quarterly period as well as the year for the historical period you wish to add. To select the year, click on the dropdown box that says 2020. You can then select any year all the way back to 2000.
After adding a quarterly period, you will be brought to the holdings page for that newly created period. The system will set the watch list evaluation for this newly created time period unless data is not available to do so.
In order to navigate back and forth between quarterly time periods, select the time period drop down box located on the right side towards the top of the Holdings screen, and click on the appropriate time period you wish to view.
Similarly, you can delete a quarter by selecting the Delete Quarter button. This action will delete the quarterly period selected and all data associated with the period. You cannot undo this, but you can create the same period again.
Additionally, you can create the upcoming quarter period in advance of current quarter-end, allowing you to get ahead and better prepare. Simply follow the same add quarter process and choose the next upcoming quarter period instead of selecting a previous quarterly period.
Additional Benefits & Implications
- You can filter your investment dashboard by quarter in order to analyze applicable metrics at that time. To do so, click on the Investments tab on the left side of your screen. Next select the time period drop down box located above the investment name column land choose your desired period.
- You can now run a watch list evaluation (using your IPS Triggers) and a corresponding Monitoring Report for any historical quarter. So, if you need to run a 2019 Q4 Monitoring Report in October of 2020, you can do so.
- Our integration provider ‘sync’ process has been updated so quarter-end holdings remain matched with quarter-end investment data, and new holdings data such as daily or monthly feeds, are pre-applied to the next quarter.
- You are able to generate a research or monitoring report from a previous quarter time period. Additionally, you can also select previous quarter time periods when utilizing batch reports.
- Within the State of Affairs section in the Monitoring Report, you are now able to show trending data and quarters on watch for your applicable investments that have been flagged for watch.