From the Holdings screen within your Client Account, you are now able to manually set the ‘Action’ status for each of your investments. The actions you can select from are: ‘None’, ‘Watch’, ‘Remove’ and ‘Proposed’. You are can set or edit the Action for any given quarter from previous years going all the way back to 2000.The Action for an investment is automatically prescribed based on the Watch List Evaluation, however you can override this as needed. To utilize the fund Action feature, follow these steps:
- Navigate to your Client’s Holdings page by selecting the Clients tab on the left side of your screen, choose the Client and click on the Client’s Account which will take you to the Holdings Screen.
- Click on the pencil (edit table) box shown here:
You will notice that there is now an Action column with a dropdown box for all of your investments.
In order to change the Action for a fund, click on the corresponding Action dropdown box and choose the desired Action: ‘None’, ‘Watch’, ‘Remove’ or ‘Proposed’
- The selected fund actions will then populate in your Monitoring Report. Ex. If you select the ‘Remove’ action for a fund, this fund will be given a ‘Remove’ label on your report.
- When changing the Action to ‘Proposed’ for a given fund, you will not be able to add asset values to that proposed fund as it is not yet considered to part of client’s account.
- After you’ve finished, be sure to click the Save button on the right side of the screen.
You can also quickly and efficiently set the fund action status of a given investment across all clients. To do so:
- Select the Investments tab on the left side of your screen within you Book of Business
- Click on the investment that you wish to the Action status for. You can also search for investments by typing the name of the investment into the search box located above the investment name column.
- After clicking on the investment, you will again see the Action column and dropdown option box.
- After making your selection from the Action dropdown box, be sure to save your work. The Action that you selected for the investment will be applied across all of your clients that hold this investment.
Fund Statuses in Reports
With the updated State of Affairs and other Monitoring Report sections, you are now able to see fund actions and statuses in the form of color coded labels, allowing you and your client to easily identify funds on watch, funds to be removed, and proposed funds in addition to custom funds throughout the sections of your Monitoring Report:
In accordance with this release and the new fund action feature, the ‘Investment Change/Short List’ area is being removed given the new functionality is more simplistic, provides more value, and requires less effort. If you had any investment changes in a pending status, they will be converted into the new Action labels accordingly.