When technology limitations or exam policies present a hardship towards a successful exam attempt, candidates may need to request an accommodation for an in-person proctor. This article details when an accommodation may be requested and the steps a candidate should take.
When Can I Request a Special Accommodation?
A candidate may request if they…
- do not have access to a webcam
- cannot pass ProctorU technology checks
- Automated check: https://go.proctoru.com/users/4251317/system-metrics/new
- Live ProctorU rep check: https://test-it-out.proctoru.com/?minimal=true
- cannot install the required ProctorU browser or applet
- can demonstrate how a remote proctor poses a unique hardship
- can demonstrate that overall exam policies pose a unique hardship
To Request an In-Person Proctor
To request a special accommodation, follow the steps below:
- Candidates must select their own proctor that meets the following requirements:
• Compliance professional
• HR professional
• Public librarian
• Testing center personnel
• Fi360 personnel who did not train the candidate and is not deemed an Unacceptable Proctor
• An Fi360 Designee who is not deemed an unacceptable proctor
• Individual currently enrolled in Fi360 training
• Individual currently enrolled in Fi360 exam
• Close co-worker, e.g. anyone in a supervisor-supervisee relationship, someone who has a social relationship with the candidate, or whose objectivity might otherwise come into question.
• Non-ProctorU virtual proctoring solutions
For candidates having difficulty locating an acceptable proctor, the National Collegiate Testing Association (NCTA) maintains a listing of potential testing centers on their website (https://www.ncta-testing.org/interactive-map).
- Complete the Exam Accommodation Request Form
- Submit the form to Fi360 by contacting Fi360support@broadridge.com at least 5 days in advance of the desired test date.
Fi360 will review and decide on providing an accommodation.
If an accommodation is approved, Fi360 will contact the proctor with additional details and instructions for performing the duties of a proctor. The proctor must agree to all terms and conditions.
Upon agreement and acceptance of the proctor, Fi360 will provide instructions for the proctor to access the exam.The proctor and student can now schedule and take the exam at a time of their choosing.
Conflict of Interest
Instructors may not serve as proctors for candidates they have instructed AIF® training within the past two years, that have a supervisor-supervisee relationship to each other, relatives, friends, or otherwise have personal relationships that would compromise exam integrity.
A proctor request will need to be resubmitted to Fi360 for any exam retake. Even if the same proctor is being used, it must be resubmitted.
If the candidate's application is selected for audit, Fi360 personnel will contact the proctor to verify authenticity of relationship with the candidate and proper protocol was followed. If it is determined the candidate falsified the proctor or submitted an unacceptable proctor, their designation application will be subject to discipline as detailed in the Qualification and Complaint Procedure.