How to Generate a Monitoring Report
In order to produce a client's Monitoring Report you will first need to:
- create a client
- add their holdings
- activate an Investment Policy
A Monitoring Report will become available for all clients with an active Investment Policy between 8 - 10 business days following each quarter's end. The investment data for each quarter's Monitoring Report will be reflected as of:
- March 31
- June 30
- September 30
- December 31
Please note if you notice that your plans say “Unmonitored” on the ‘Clients’ page and you know your plan/account currently has an active IPS. This means we have released the Quarterly performance data but the monitoring reports are still actively calculating your Watchlist Triggers. This process can take anywhere from 24-48 hours to complete once our performance numbers are released. You will also see a red radio button if this process is occurring.
We offer the ability to generate multiple Monitoring Reports at the same time via Batch Monitoring. However, these instructions address how to create one Monitoring Report at a time.
- From within your client (after clicking on their name from the main client listing), select the Monitoring Reports tab.
- Based on the row/rows below the REVIEW PERIOD column, click on the quarter you would like to access. This will pull you into the 'State of Affairs' page. This page allows you to review your plan/account at a high level. You will have the option to download a PDF preview of the Monitoring Report or generate a Client Ready version of the report (which will remove the watermark 'not for client use' from the report pages). For the PDF preview click the DOWNLOAD DRAFT PDF button on the left; for the CLIENT READY version click on GENERATE CLIENT READY on the left.
- Once you click the option an additional box will pop up on the right side of the screen. From the box you will need to click on the dropdown to select the Report Template you wish to use for the report, and then click GENERATE REPORT. Your report will appear in your downloads. (NOTE: this location may vary depending on the web browser you are using.
***Once your Monitoring Report is in CLIENT READY status the report will be locked in and any changes you make will not be reflected in the report.
*** The next section will address how to put your report into Back to Draft status which will allow changes to then flow through to the report.
How to Put a Monitoring Report into 'Back to Draft' Status
Monitoring reports can be moved to 'Back to Draft' status if you need to add/remove holdings, update asset values, or update an Investment Policy. This can be accomplished by selecting the applicable Monitoring Report and then clicking on the action button “⋮” (3 vertical dots in the top left corner of the Monitoring Report overview), and finally selecting the 'Back to Draft' option.
***NOTE: Should you utilize the 'COMPLETE REPORT & CLOSE QUARTER' it can still be moved back into a draft status by clicking on the action “⋮” on the right of the Monitoring Report home screen and then selecting 'Edit Report.'*** HOWEVER, this is only an option for the most recent quarter.
How to REOPEN the Most Recent Quarter (after it is marked COMPLETE)
Once a Monitoring Report has been marked COMPLETE you are not able to reopen it UNLESS it is for the most recent quarter, and this will only be possible if the next quarter has not become available.
- For example: it is August 31, 2022 and you already completed the Q2 2022 Monitoring Report and you need to make edits to it; you will be able to reopen the Q2 2022 Monitoring Report since the Q3 2022 quarter has not become available yet.
- To do so: navigate to the Monitoring Reports tab and left click on the 3 vertical dots to the far right on the row of the most recent Monitoring Report - then select Edit Report. This will put your report back into a DRAFT status so that you will be able to make edits.
How to Generate a Research Report Within a Client
- Click into the Client you would like to run the report for, and on the Active Accounts screen you land on click on the name of the account relative to the report you wish to generate.
- You will be able to generate a report on specific funds by selection or on the entire lineup. To report on specific funds by selection put a check mark to the left of each fund and then click the GENERATE REPORT button in the right upper area of the screen.
- Now you will need to confirm that you want to include only the selected investments, or you will still have the option to select the option to include all of the investments in the lineup. Next, choose the Investment Data As Of Date, and then select the Report Template you wish to use for the research report. Finally, click the GENERATE REPORT button. Your report will appear in your downloads. (NOTE: this location may vary depending on the web browser you are using.)