What is an Investment Policy Template?
The Fiduciary Focus Toolkit™ offers the ability to implement consistent workflows in client creation, through the use of Investment Policy Statement Templates. Apply the same template to multiple clients with minor changes (watch list triggers, asset allocation, and answers to predetermined questions) from client to client. The use of an IPS Template is not required. Client Monitoring can be activated without the creation of the Investment Policy Statement by not selecting a template.
How do I create an Investment Policy Template?
Template content, by design will include the structural language and the ‘fields’ to accommodate questionnaire related content and/or available system fields. An Investment Policy Template can be created by following the below steps:
1. Externally in Word and uploaded into the Fiduciary Focus Toolkit™;
2. Typed manually into the Fiduciary Focus Toolkit™; or,
3. By copying an Fi360 Default Template, and then making edits
To get started, click Application Management (gear icon in top right corner) > Investment Policy Templates and either...
- Click on +ADD NEW POLICY TEMPLATE > Name the template and indicate the Asset Allocation Type
- Click on the copy template button (right side of screen) > Name the copied Investment Policy Template
From the right margin, you can select a file to upload if you have an Investment Policy Statement created in Microsoft Word®.
Please note, you can select an asset allocation type by clicking the action button “⋮” in the top right corner. Visit here for more information on selecting Asset Allocation.
Questionnaire Content can be created by selecting 'Questions' in the right margin, and clicking the 'Create Questions' button. If you have copied a default template, you have the ability to edit or create new questions in the same area. There are 4 question types available, and their descriptions follow:
1. Select (Single Choice)
Example: This can be used for questions that require a Yes or No response.
- Enter the question, opt for single select, enter the Option label Yes, enter the Investment Policy Text desired.
- You may add another option for No, enter it if you wish to include Investment Policy Text; if not, leave this area blank.
2. Select (Multiple Choice)
Example: this option should be used if the question will have choices to choose from.
- Enter the question, opt for multiple select, enter the applicable options to choose from.
3. Single Line Text
Example: this can be used with a question that will require a brief response. If desired, enter Investment Policy text that may lead into this content.
4. Multiple Line Text
Example: this can be used with a question that will require a detailed response. If desired, enter Investment Policy text that may lead into this content.
Much like System Fields, you can click and drag Questions to specific areas within your Investment Policy Template (wherever you would like the designated answer to appear).
Once you have completed your Investment Policy Template, click the publish button in the top right corner.