What is an Investment Policy Template?
The Fiduciary Focus Toolkit™ offers the ability to implement consistent workflows in client creation, through the use of Investment Policy Statement Templates. Apply the same template to multiple clients with minor changes (watch list triggers, asset allocation, and answers to predetermined questions) from client to client. The use of an IPS Template is not required. Client Monitoring can be activated without the creation of the Investment Policy Statement by not selecting a template.
How do I create an Investment Policy Template?
Template content, by design will include the structural language and the ‘fields’ to accommodate questionnaire related content and/or available system fields. System fields include basics such as client name and date, as well as Projected Return, Projected Standard Deviation, and Projected Large Loss Scenario. Based off the asset class information input in the IPS, these data points will be calculated automatically and dropped into the position specified in the Template.
An Investment Policy Template can be created via any of the following steps:
1. Externally in Word and uploaded into the Fiduciary Focus Toolkit™:
2. Typed manually into a 'New Policy Template;'
3. By copying an Fi360 Default Template, and then making edits.
TO GET STARTED:
- Click Application Management (gear icon in top right corner) > select Investment Policy Templates from the options on the left.
To add a NEW Policy click on +ADD NEW POLICY TEMPLATE.
- Name the template and indicate the Asset Allocation type.
You will now have the ability to manually type your own content directly into the NEW template that you just created, OR, to upload a word file with your Investment Policy content.
COPY AN EXISTING IINVESTMENT POLICY TEMPLATE
- Click on the 'copy template' icon, which is to the right of the template you wish to copy.
- Name the copied Investment Policy Template.
At this point, you can do either of the following:
- You can EDIT the existing content in the template that you just copied.
- From the right margin, you can select a file to upload (over the template) if you have an Investment Policy Statement created in Microsoft Word®.
Please note, you can select an asset allocation type by clicking the action button “⋮” in the top right corner. Visit here for more information on selecting Asset Allocation.
Adding Auto-Populated System Fields
On the right margin, click on the 'System Fields' tab.
After you click on the system field you wish to utilize, left click the blocks to the right of that field, and then drag and drop the into your document where you would like it to appear.
Once you drag and drop it - the field should appear on your document similar to the highlighted areas in the example, below.
Creating CUSTOM Questions for your Investment Policy Template
Questionnaire Content can be created by selecting the 'Questions' tab in the right margin, and clicking the 'Create Questions' button. If you have copied a default template, you have the ability to edit or create new questions in the same area.
IF YOU ARE WORKING ON A 'NEW POLICY TEMPLATE' - YOU WILL SEE A SCREEN LIKE THE ONE BELOW:
IF YOU ARE WORKING ON A COPIED TEMPLATE (from our defaults) - YOU WILL SEE A SCREEN SIMLAR TO THE ONE BELOW:
There are 4 question types available, and their descriptions follow:
1. Select (Single Choice)
Example: This can be used for questions that require a Yes or No response.
- Enter the question, opt for single select, enter the Option label Yes, enter the Investment Policy Text desired.
- You may add another option for No, enter it if you wish to include Investment Policy Text; if not, leave this area blank.
2. Select (Multiple Choice)
Example: this option should be used if the question will have choices to choose from.
- Enter the question, opt for multiple select, enter the applicable options to choose from.
3. Single Line Text
Example: this can be used with a question that will require a brief response. If desired, enter Investment Policy text that may lead into this content.
4. Multiple Line Text
Example: this can be used with a question that will require a detailed response. If desired, enter Investment Policy text that may lead into this content.
Much like System Fields, you can click and drag Questions to specific areas within your Investment Policy Template (wherever you would like the designated answer to appear).
Below is a graphic of how the questions will appear in your template once you drag and drop them.
Once you have completed your Investment Policy Template, click the publish button in the top right corner.