Here are some suggestions to increase your effectiveness in preparing for and taking your examination.
Day to Day
- Read and be intimately familiar with the Prudent Practices for Investment Advisors handbook.
- Review the course transcripts, make notes and review them every day.
- Take the quizzes and assessment multiple times until you feel comfortable with the concepts.
- Review the resources section of the training for additional understanding of the material. This includes, course materials, tools, and reference materials.
Preparing for the Exam
- Decide which computer/PC you will use to take the exam.
- If using a ProctorU remote proctor, make sure your computer meets technical requirements – a working webcam, microphone and good internet connection are required. We recommend using a personal computer as work machines may have additional restrictions that affect your ability to schedule and/or access the exam.
- Take and pass the automated ProctorU technology check (found here: https://test-it-out.proctoru.com/)
- Note, you will need to download a web extension/applet from ProctorU
- If you fail the technology check, create an account on the ProctorU site and then connect with a live technician to try again (found here: https://go.proctoru.com/users/4251317/system-metrics/new)
- Schedule your remote exam proctor through the link in your Fi360 account. You will be directed to ProctorU to select an exam time convenient to you. Typically, exams can be scheduled 24/7 starting 72 hours out from the current time.
- When scheduling with ProctorU, make sure to use your full name exactly as it appears on your Fi360 account/ID. For example, if your Fi360 account is under Jonathan Smith don’t use “Jon” Smith for ProctorU.
- Do not wait until the night before an exam to study.
- Try not to "cram" during every spare moment before an exam. This only increases the feeling of desperation which leads to panic, and then to test anxiety.
- Be familiar with the ProctorU day-of-exam experience (preview here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gdh46rBvbU)
On Exam Day
- Be familiar with the full Proctor Regulations and Guidelines.
- Make sure you have an acceptable place to take the exam:
- A hard surface (i.e., a desk or table) and not a bed, couch, etc.
- The area should be quiet and well-lit
- Clear the area of all materials except your computer, ID, and blank piece of paper and writing utensil (optional).
- Know or have your Fi360 login and password in front of you. This is separate from your ProctorU account name/password and you will need to know both to access the exam. Once you connect with ProctorU, any online password savers will be disabled so please ensure you write down or absolutely know your Fi360 username/password.
- If you haven’t already, complete a technology check with ProctorU to ensure your computer meets requirements.
- Connect with ProctorU via the link they provided in your email confirmation. It may take up to 15 minutes to start your exam, which is NOT counted against your 120 minute time limit.
- Good luck!