ProctorU is the primary proctor solution for the majority of AIF® and PPC® Candidates. Any AIF® or PPC® Candidate who wishes to take the exam remotely and on-demand must schedule with ProctorU. No other remote proctoring solution is authorized for taking those exams.
About remote proctoring
Remote proctoring refers to taking an exam from a remote location under the supervision of a live proctor in a virtual environment. While connected with ProctorU, a candidate will be observed by a live proctor via webcam, microphone and screen-sharing applet during the entirety of the exam attempt and additional technology is leveraged to ensure the integrity and consistency of exam administration.
Instructions for scheduling a proctor with ProctorU
- Using Google Chrome or Firefox, from the My Trainings & Exams page of your Fi360 account click on the Schedule Remote Proctor button next to the exam you are scheduling.
- Create an account on the ProctorU platform and schedule your exam for a time that fits your schedule. Please keep in mind that exams typically require scheduling 72 hours out.
- ProctorU will send an email confirmation containing several important pieces of information:
- Your scheduled exam time.
- A link to the ProctorU web extension which you will need to add to your browser.
- A pre-exam technology check. This is important to ensure your firewalls/network do not block access to the ProctorU system. You may want to consider using a personal laptop for the exam.
- On the day of the exam, you will want to be prepared with the following:
- Save any work in progress on your computer, exit all programs other than your web browser, and clear your physical workspace of any books, papers, or other materials. A single sheet of paper and writing utensil are permitted and the remote proctor will direct you to show them the room you are taking the exam in to ensure it meets security requirements.
- Have an acceptable form of photo ID ready to verify your identity.
- Know or have your Fi360 login and password in front of you. Any online password savers will be disabled once you start the onboarding process. Please ensure you know your Fi360 username/password.
- You will then follow the link from the ProctorU email, where you will be onboarded and guided to the exam by a member of the ProctorU team.
- Plan to click the link from the ProctorU email upon your scheduled exam time. Onboarding with ProctorU may take up to 10 minutes which does not count against your exam time. Once you are fully up and running and begin your exam you will have the full 120 minutes to take the exam.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: When can I schedule my exam with ProctorU?
A: You are eligible to schedule the exam as soon as you have completed the training and are ready to take the exam. You have access to the exam for one year from the date of original purchase. ProctorU typically has availability beginning 72 hours out from the time of scheduling.
Q: Does ProctorU support the AIFA® exam?
A: No. The AIFA® exam is only administered in-person during AIFA® training courses.
Q: Can I schedule an in-person exam with a proctor?
A: In-person proctors are only allowed in a group-setting exam administration coordinated in conjunction with Fi360 or if circumstances make the remote proctoring solution a particular burden on the candidate.
Special note: If you arranged for an in-person proctor and scheduled an exam attempt before the launch of Fi360’s remote proctoring capability, you may still take the exam with that proctor, as long as they meet the requirements for an acceptable proctor. Any exam that has yet to be arranged must utilize the ProctorU remote proctoring service.
Q: Which browsers are supported by ProctorU?
A: ProctorU officially supports Google Chrome and Firefox.
Q: How do I start the remote proctor session?
A: Beginning at your scheduled exam time, follow the link received from ProctorU to begin connecting to the remote proctor. You must initiate connection within 15 minutes of your scheduled time or you may lose your spot and be required to re-schedule 72 hours out. Once connected, the proctor will help guide you to the exam within Fi360’s platform.
Q: How long does it take to connect with the proctor?
A: It normally takes 1 minute to connect with your exam proctor, but due to increased demand it may take up to 5 minutes to be connected to your proctor. From there, they will ensure your systems meet requirements and navigate into the examination. Please Note: Your exam time limit will not start until you launch the exam. Meaning if it takes 20 minutes to get onboarded, you will still have 120 minutes to take the exam after that.
Q: How do I make sure I my computer/laptop will work come exam time?
A: Please test your system in advance with ProctorU here: https://go.proctoru.com/users/4251317/system-metrics/new. Proctoring details and system requirements are listed here: https://www.proctoru.com/proctoru-live-resource-center#system
Q: What if I have difficulty connecting with the proctor?
A: Follow the on-screen instructions to test your system, verify your identification and connect to your proctor. Once connected to your proctor they will help you troubleshoot any issues. There is also a live chat feature on the ProctorU website where you can get additional support.
Q: What will the proctor see during the exam?
A: Your proctor will ensure the technical requirements (working webcam, microphone and screen-sharing applet) and the proper exam environment are met. The proctor will ask you to show them the room you are testing in to ensure there is no risk of potential cheating. Ensure you are in a quiet, well-lit room without other individuals present. Your computer screen and webcam will be monitored throughout the exam to protect against risks of cheating.