ProctorU is the primary proctor solution for the majority of AIF® and PPC® Candidates. Any AIF® or PPC® Candidate who wishes to take the exam remotely and on-demand must schedule with ProctorU. No other remote proctoring solution is authorized for taking those exams.
About Remote Proctoring
Remote proctoring refers to taking an exam from a remote location under the supervision of a live proctor in a virtual environment. While connected with ProctorU, a candidate will be observed by a live proctor via webcam, microphone and screen-sharing applet during the entirety of the exam attempt and additional technology is leveraged to ensure the integrity and consistency of exam administration.
Instructions for scheduling a proctor with ProctorU and accessing your exam
Please follow all steps below to ensure your computer works in advance of taking your exam.
- Decide which computer you will use to take the exam. A personal computer is recommended with either Google Chrome or Firefox as your web browser.
- Check to ensure your computer will meet ProctorU technical requirements. Go to https://test-it-out.proctoru.com/ for an automated check. You will be required to have a working webcam, mic, internet connection in addition to downloading a ProctorU web extension/applet.
- If failing the automated test, create an account on the ProctorU site and connect with a live ProctorU representative here: https://test-it-out.proctoru.com/?minimal=true
- If that doesn’t work, try a different web browser or computer
- If you can’t get past the technology check, you may need to request a special accommodation for an in-person proctor
- Once the technology check has passed, go to your Fi360 account. From the Courses & Exams page of your Fi360 account click on the Schedule Remote Proctor button next to the exam you are scheduling.
- Create an account on the ProctorU platform and schedule your exam for a time that fits your schedule. Please keep in mind that exams typically require scheduling 72 hours out.
- ProctorU will send an email confirmation containing several important pieces of information:
- Your scheduled exam time.
- A link to the ProctorU web extension which you will need to add to your browser.
- A pre-exam technology check. This is important to ensure your firewalls/network do not block access to the ProctorU system. You may want to consider using a personal laptop for the exam.
- On the day of the exam, you will want to be prepared with the following:
- Save any work in progress on your computer, exit all programs other than your web browser, and clear your physical workspace of any books, papers, or other materials. A single sheet of paper and writing utensil are permitted and the remote proctor will direct you to show them the room you are taking the exam in to ensure it meets security requirements.
- Have an acceptable form of photo ID ready to verify your identity.
- Know or have your Fi360 login and password in front of you. Any online password savers will be disabled once you start the onboarding process. Please ensure you know your Fi360 username/password.
- You will then follow the link from the ProctorU email, where you will be onboarded and guided to the exam by a member of the ProctorU team.
- Plan to click the link from the ProctorU email upon your scheduled exam time. Onboarding with ProctorU may take up to 10 minutes which does not count against your exam time. Once you are fully connected, the ProctorU proctor will direct you to your Fi360 account to sign in and launch the exam. Once the exam is accessed you will have the full 120 minutes to take the exam.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties, we recommend first contacting ProctorU as they are best able to work through issues. If possible, attempt connecting with your live proctor who can communicate with you verbally/through chat and can solve most problems.
If you can’t get to the point where you’re connected with a live proctor, use the “chat” feature in the bottom right of any ProctorU webpage.
If you’re not seeing the “chat” it’s likely a computer/browser issue. You can connect directly with the ProctorU support team by visiting https://direct.lc.chat/5534391/4 or calling 855-772-8678.