Users have the capability to create and customize Report Templates within the Fiduciary Focus Toolkit. This feature allows advisors to build their own Research or Monitoring Report Template/s through selecting from a wide range of available options and features that can be incorporated into each Report Template.
*****If you'd like to view every possible report section available for a Monitoring Report, please download the following sample document/s: All Possible MR Sections (in portrait), OR All Possible MR Sections (in landscape).*****
~ see Report Samples and Custom Report Options (for addl.' custom report insight) ~
To create a Report Template FROM SCRATCH - please scroll down to the second part of this article.
***NOTE to our Enterprise Clients: you may only have the option to copy the user-inherited (existing) templates, and make the edits, per the guidance, below.***
To copy an existing (user-inherited) template and make edits, please follow the guidance, below.
- Click on Application Management (gear icon in the top right corner).
- Select 'Report Template Editor' from the dashboard on the left side of the screen.
You will see all of the user-inherited Report Templates provided by Fi360. You can copy, edit, and save the user-inherited Report Templates. This feature is particularly useful if you’ve already identified an inherited Report Template that is suitable to you, but you would like to make a few modifications to the desired Template. To accomplish this:
- Click on the Copy icon on the far-right side of the desired inherited Report Template you wish to modify.
- Name the Report Template that you’ve just copied.
- You will then see this copied Report Template populated in the Report Template Editor section. The list of templates will be in alphabetical order. To make edits to the template, please click on the name of the copied report template, which will pull you into the edit window.
- When you are in the template editor area you will see the view below on the left side of the screen. This is where you will name your template, select the desired layout, the type of report template, and add your preferred options.
- To add or remove report sections you click on the blue “Choose Report Sections” button (shown in the image above). To remove a section, UNCHECK the box(es) and then click 'MAKE SELECTION.' To add sections, CHECK the box(es) and click “Make Selection.”
- Once you select your report sections you will see a page similar to the below. This is where you can edit the printing order by dragging and dropping the small grid icon to the left of the the section title. You can also make specialized edits to the report sections by changing the order or adding and removing sections. (please also see Report Template Configuration for additional assistance on the specialized edits).
- Once everything is to your liking click the blue SAVE button on the bottom right corner of the page.
To Create a Report Template from Scratch
You can create and build your own Report Template from scratch by selecting the blue +ADD NEW TEMPLATE button located on the right side of the screen and following the instructions:
- Create an Internal Name for the Report Template as well as the actual Report Title that will be displayed.
- Choose the Template Type (Investment Research or Monitoring Report). Monitoring Reports are tied directly to your client account(s) in order to help you observe progress and direct your client’s funds. This report is generated from within a client’s account and available with Quarterly data. An Investment Research Report allows you to conduct your own research and due diligence on prospective funds and existing funds in order to guide you in the fund selection and evaluation process. These reports can been generated from within a client’s current holdings section, or within the Investment Screener.
- To add or remove report sections you click on the blue “Choose Report Sections” button on the left side of the screen. You will click the box to add or remove sections of the report. Once you establish all of your sections have been added or removed click “Make Selection.”
- Once you select your report sections you will see a page similar to the below. This is where you can edit the printing order by dragging and dropping the small grid icon next to the section title. You can also make specialized edits to the report sections by changing the order or adding and removing sections. (please also see Report Template Configuration for additional assistance on the specialized edits).
- Once everything is to your liking click the blue save button on the bottom right corner of the page.
Places in the software this will be available:
The Monitoring Reports tab within your client
The Holdings tab of a Client